SkinBright Premium Skin Brightener
Many scar improvement products make hopeful promises. A few of them actually work. Some backed up with scientific proof. Treating scars in my experience comes down to a combination of things you can do yourself and the use of a few good products.

Scar Tissue Removal Creams

I have scars on my face, neck, back, chest, and arms. Most of them are surgical scars. These scars can be improved but they will never fade completely. This I knew up front when I started searching for a therapy that works.

When I typed in 'cream for scar' in my search engine so much different advice turned up that I didn't know what to believe. Hey, that's nothing new on the internet right? Well, it's about time the truth about home scar remedies is ventilated more. That's why I started to write about it myself.

Since the nurses, doctors, and surgeons in the hospital couldn't tell me which product would be the most effective I had to walk other pathways. I searched on Google Scholar for clinical trials and other studies.

Some of their conclusions are contradictionary. But eventually it seemed clear to me that there are potent over the counter scar therapies. Apart from massaging, keeping them protected against solar radiation, moisturizing there seems to be an effective modality: silicone gel patches.

They have been used by various medical institutions for decades with success. Only since a few years silicones became available for the general public. Popular brands are ScarAway (formerly known as Neosporin), Kelo-cote, Curad, and Cica Care.

Popular ointments such as those based on vitamin E and onion extract do not seem to help. At least not according to available studies and papers published on this particular matter.

Type in'silicone scar' in the search box below to find a wide selection of well-reviewed scar removal lotions.

0 comments:

powered by Makemeheal.com
DISCLAIMER
NONE OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS INTENDED TO REPLACE MEDICAL ADVICE, NOR IS IT RECOMMENDED FOR PEOPLE TO STOP THEIR PRESCRIBED MEDICATIONS.

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP